Lygath Reborn

A thriving world ruled by dragons and magic once existed. Man's quest for power eventually toppled all that was great and cast us all into shadow. Now, 1000 years later, the light returns and the inhabitants of the land and sea can once again rebuild. But they must remember the tales of their ancestors lest they call upon the shadow again.

Name:
Location: Glendale, Arizona, United States

Father, Husband, Gamer, Transhumanist, Warrior, Minister, Philosopher, Writer, Geek, Teacher.

Sunday, February 13, 2005

It Begins

Tonight was the first gathering of the minds for this rebirth of my Fantasy world. My friend Alan, whom I've not seen in far too long, and my friend Steve, whom I see more often than I see any other person not living in my home, both came over as the foundation of this game. Many of the greatest gaming memories of my life involved one or both of these two people. Gaming or not, I was happy to be here.
So, on with it.
We talked a lot about my ideas and how things have changed as a result of the dark cataclysm, and how things were during it. Many ideas wandered their way back and forth across the table. A few notes were taken to solidify some of the more abstract or to prompt more detailed work on my part afterward.
Amongst much catching up, we did manage to butcher my PC Race list (the list of races allowed for a player to play; things like Dwarves and Gargoyles made the cut, while such things as Water Elementals and Zombies got cut.), establish the foundations of some flourishing religions, and create a few racial and spiritual fears and superstitions which are always happy finds for a GM (Game Master).
From here, a few e-mails and conversations will take place, they will both make characters, I'll whip up a basic plot, establish a couple of story-arcs, a few NPCs, maybe a map, and in two weeks we'll actually get together, hopefully with one or two more players, and carve out a history for the new world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home