Lygath Reborn

A thriving world ruled by dragons and magic once existed. Man's quest for power eventually toppled all that was great and cast us all into shadow. Now, 1000 years later, the light returns and the inhabitants of the land and sea can once again rebuild. But they must remember the tales of their ancestors lest they call upon the shadow again.

Name:
Location: Glendale, Arizona, United States

Father, Husband, Gamer, Transhumanist, Warrior, Minister, Philosopher, Writer, Geek, Teacher.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

The Funniest thing happened on the way to the game...

As always, something comes along that interferes with gaming. There was a stall here and a stall there, I found some new players, then maybe not... Of course, my interests drifted a bit, so my focus ended up on other things. I started playing in another irregular game, I got a new GURPS book, which I had to read, and other activities demanded my time. The game with the kids hasn't come back together, even though that inspired me to write enough for at least three more sessions, introduce new characters, start a revolution, etc. And, of course, now convention season is looming on the horizon. Actually, it's charging at me from down the street. I've got a gaming day at ASU this weekend, then LepreCon 31 in May, then a convention every month (it seems) until Christmas! I'll still attempt to squeeze gaming in there, but I have to maintain some balance (damned concience) with work and family as well.
So, current status of my Lygath Reborn... indefinite hold. But I did enough background work that I could start it pretty spontaneously, which is a good place to be.
Current status of the kids game? I dunno. They both had fun, they both talked about it afterward. They were even inspired to mutilate HeroClix to try to create minis for their characters! Brings a tear to the eye doesn't it?
Current status of Transhuman Space? Well, unless the perfect group forms around me, I'm not likely to run this game. It just takes a whole other level of gamer, a whole other level of understanding and commitment. It wouldn't be right to just slop it together. However, some THS inspired ideas have been floating around, so I may do some Traveller, Transhuman Space, Humanx, Uplift sort of hybrid thing. Heh, throw in some laser swords and I can attract a bunch of new players this summer!
Of course, the websites have taken a backseat, again, to my preparing for conventions. I've been working on a Superhero game, and I'm just about done, just need to polish it a bit. I'm also going to prep my fantasy game I wrote with the intention of it becoming a continuing story run at every convention. We'll see.
Well, it wasn't much, but my blog seemed so stale. I needed to throw something in there. A status seemed to be about the right thing.
Taa.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Paradoxical Pariah said...

Well, bummer to the back seat thing. I was so hoping to get in on the story line a bit. However, patience can be my middle name. ;)

I guess I'll just sit and make myself comfortable, coffee anyone?

3:44 PM  
Blogger John said...

Bummer on the game man, Tell me we still have Fridays at IOG?

I will be there with my GURPs books in hand.

12:47 PM  
Blogger John said...

hey man wheres the updates?

12:47 PM  
Blogger GreatMamboChicken said...

Current status; Lygath still on indefinite hold, but I've finally started my Transhuman Space game. Of course, I can't seem to get any good momentum. Conventions, SCA events, work, kids, etc. The usual interferences that occur when you're no longer 20 years old with no life.
Lygath is not dead. It merely awaits those brave enough to push back the forces of the darkness and reclaim the surface world before the next wave of evil wipes the last vestiges of civilization from the land.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home